LSA 2018/19 Fall-Winter Trapshooting League Guidelines
Entry forms will be available on August 9th for the 2018/19 Library Fall/Winter Trap League. The league will start Thursday September 6th at 6 PM and run every Thursday night for 20 weeks, except for Thanksgiving, and end January 24th 2019.
The league will consist of 25 targets per week for a league total of 500 targets.
There is a $10.00 league entry fee. The cost of each round of 25 targets is $4.00 for LSA members, $3.00 for juniors and $5.00 for non-LSA members.
▪ Shoot on one of the first 4 Thursdays for your score to count toward team standings, and to enter the OPTIONAL Lewis class Jackpot.
▪ Teams will be established on September 27th by (1) using the average score of 2017/18 participants and (2) averaging the first 4 weeks scores of new shooters and equalizing the talent on each team.
▪ Each Thursday your League rounds must be shot before any practice rounds.
▪ You can shoot ahead as far as you want, the AHEAD scores will be applied to the next available week.
▪ You can shoot BACK (catch up) as far as you want,the first round counting for that week and any additional rounds will be BACK scores. You may shoot BACK scores up to and including February 14th, to get your 500 targets in.
▪ The final team and OPTIONAL Lewis class jackpot standings will be based on week #20, January 24th 2019 scores.
▪ Team scores will be based on the top 6 scores on each team each week.
▪ The OPTIONAL Lewis Class Jackpot ($25.00 entry fee) will be based on the seasons scores of 500 targets completed by January 24th 2019 and will be awarded at the banquet.
▪ The number of Lewis classes will be determined by the number of entrants by September 27th 2018. If there are not enough entrants for at least 3 Lewis classes, the entry fee will be refunded. The Lewis class jackpot will be divided in each class-50% for 1st 30% for 2nd and 20% for 3rd. there will be at least 9 winners. All ties will be split equally.
▪ The League banquet will be on Saturday, February 23rd in the main club house. The prizes and gifts awarded at the banquet will be determined by the income the league generates. All income will be used to pay for banquet food,prizes recognition gifts and door prizes. There will be prizes and recognition gifts for:
▪ Top gun
▪ Top gun runner-up
▪ Top Senior (70 years and older)
▪ Top Women shooter
▪ Top Junior shooter
▪ Any shooter averaging 90% or higher for 500 targets
▪ All teams will receive prizes based on there order of finish
▪ If there is a tie for Hi gun a 25 bird shoot off will be held February 7th. If there is still a tie rounds of 25 will be shot until there is a winner. All other for individual awards will be split equally. Team ties will be decided by a coin flip at the banquet.
▪ Each league member attending the banquet will be given a door prize ticket,which will be drawn for prizes during the banquet.
▪ We will have gun club fare and 50/50 raffle each Thursday.
Volunteers to assist with these features are appreciated. Simply reply to this e-mail if you can help. As always we welcome new ideas to enhance the League.
Join the fun and camaraderie!
The Trap Committee.
The League Requirements are: A club team consists of 8 shooters; 5 scores count for each team; A shooter must shoot at least once at each club; A shooter must compete in 7 of the 10 shoots to qualify for the post season; Only qualified shooters are eligible to compete for post season prizes.
These are Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) registered shoots. You must be a member of the ATA to participate. There are 3 events - 100 16 yard targets; 100 Handicap Targets; 50 pairs of Double Targets. You do not have to shoot all events. Registration: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Entry Fee: $21.00 per 100 targets.
Shoots start at 5:00 PM. Entries close at 8:00 PM. Entry Fee: $10.00 per 50 targets. Juniors: $8.00 per 50 targets. Doubles: $10.00 per 25 pair. See League published schedule for more details on League Rules, Lewis Class, ATA Registration and the Post Season shoot.
April 7 - Elrama
April 28 - Library
May 5 - Fayette
May 19- Ruffsdale
June 23 - Victory Hill
June 30 - Elrama
July 21 - Library
July 28 - Ruffsdale
August 11 - Fayette
September 8 - Victory Hill
September 29 -Ruffsdale- Post Season